Sunday, July 24, 2011

Feeling more rejuvenated for next year

I'm so happy that I took this class and Inquiry this summer.  I feel like I have more ideas for next year to get my students more excited about science.  I also feel like I have some kind of internal permission to move toward quality instead of quantity (i.e., go more deeply with inquiry and consolidate more things, not just working off of my check off list).  I also feel like I'm constantly building chunks of lessons when I'm out in the world.  Yesterday I stopped at Vantage, WA where I-90 crosses the upper Columbia River.  I took pictures of the river and the hills with different erosion patterns to use in the class this fall.  Today I pulled off the interstate by Deer Lodge and took pictures of more hilltops with different types of erosion.  I even used my new little nifty flip video camera.  It's nice to have classes that create interest in teachers and not just fill in time.

1 comment:

  1. Christine,
    I agree that this is a great way to get jazzed up for the coming school year! It is really important for me since I had maternity leave at the end of last year and am having a hard time even thinking about leaving my baby to go back to work. Your students are going to love the pictures you took to share with them. My students are always really impressed when I incorporate my own images into the classroom. They are inspired to take pictures of natural things and they like to bring them in to show me. It is a great way to build relationships!

    ReplyDelete