Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Random stuff from today

Today I just have a random list of progress and not so much.
1. Still having trouble commenting on blogster blogs.  I allowed the cookies in from this site, but that hasn't seemed to do the trick yet.  Eric suggests going through Firefox instread of Explorer, so that's my next plan. Posterus seems to be fine if I log in with my Twitter account.

2. I love, love, love Create a Graph.  A student told me about this while we were working on science projects.  The think I really like about it is that it's useful for students who sort of remember what goes where on a graph but arent' completely positive.  The preview function really lets you mess around with things, check on it, mess around some more.  Once I got a couple of students trained on it, they could help others without too much fuss.

3. Finding Google reader a little overwhelming.  I like the one page Netvibes dashboard that Eric set up much more, I think because it's not quite as distracting.

4. Had to disable Delicious because something about it gave IE fits, kept shutting down in an annoying way.   I was hoping to find in Delicious a place where I could set up bookmarks for students to go on to building approved sites, like cool math.  Next step will be to play with Diiego (I think that's it).

5. Also played with Glogster today, but I think that might deserve its own space.

No comments:

Post a Comment