Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Glogster

I had a lot of fun with Glogster today and made a (very basic) poster that I had students do this year on paper for our fossil unit. I can see using this as part of differentiated activities and I know that my teaching partner will be all over it for literature and poetry. The things I didn't like about the poster was that you can't see the whole thing at once and I couldn't find a way to change the size of the stickers put on the page. Must be able to somehow, just need to play with it more.

I also explored the education version of Glogster and its price tag.  It looks like there's a lot of advantages to the ed version, at least as far as managing student work and safety.  The fees would have to come out of my little yearly $$, so the question becomes, would we use it enough to justify the cost?  The normal version has its own pros and cons too -- right now I'm wondering if it would make it through our barracuda wall.  That's another consideration for all of these wonderful tools, which ones can make it through the filters.  I know that Facebook and Twitter are blocked in our district and the students aren't supposed to have access to YouTube, althogh some find a way around it. 

I'm going to try and attach my poster -- the sound isn't working with the video, gotta work on that.

http://truffula28.glogster.com/make-a-fossil-poster/

No comments:

Post a Comment